Sunday, May 29, 2011

Altered CD Case


So I was sitting here looking at a box of empty cd cases that I've been hoarding forever and came up with the idea of using them for post it note holders. The size post it pads I used was 4 x 4 so they fit into the cd case very well and I was able to make three cases with one pad since they are so thick. I started by coloring the sides with my permanent markers. The next step was to cut some double sided DP to fit the inside top and bottom. I adhered the post it pad with some tacky tape and then decorated the front and inside of the case. Pretty easy, don't you think? I will post the others once I get them decorated. This one I'm going to use for a thank you gift, I hope she likes it.

4 comments:

  1. Cute project Cindy. Love the double sided paper, that works great. Cute image on the outside, too. Nice way to recycle those cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, Such a great idea with the CD case. That double sided paper sure looks familiar...is it retired or brand new SU? Lucky lady to get this fab post it note holder and new stamps....nosey me I read your ty note...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Cindy for my gift. The bear is so cute! Awesome idea for empty CD case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! I should steal your idea lol

    ReplyDelete